Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pope For The City That Lights The Whole World




If the cardinals pick me as the new Pope
I’ll keep a Vatican room to work in,
but to direct the battle against sin
I’ll spend most of my time where there’s less hope

in Los Angeles, where dreams try to cope
with delusional fantasies called spin
and sadism inflicted with a grin
as passionate nightmares scheme to elope,

to make a marriage out of an affair,
to fashion love from fragments of lost hearts
ripped out, turned to stone, thrown down and shattered,

rebuilt by craft, design against despair
tempting the bride with its well-crafted parts,
I’ll embrace the lost, crafty and battered.




. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Let Me Tell You Something About Los Angeles”

A Painting For The Pope

“The Stars From Here: A Puppet Thriller”



























No comments: