Friday, February 08, 2013

Guitar Sounds In Denmark (Or Chicago)




If I knew a hippie girl or someone
who would pretend to be a hippie girl
I would step into the surround with her
and show her the lot of Halloween trees
and the lot where the pretty blue flowers grew
and I’d talk about how the locations
are just places such trivial places
but they seem like magic places to me
now that I’ve written something about them.

A woman looking over my shoulder
is asking me: “What is the difference
between a hippie girl who is pretend
and a man or woman who makes up lies?”

I say: “The first two lines were setting up
the contrast of the empty lots as lots
and as places that I’ve written about
and a hippie girl would have noticed that
and a man or woman who makes up lies
would have recognized what I was writing
and lied about being interested.”

The woman looking over my shoulder
is asking me: “So what does that make me?”

I say: “If a synthesizer creates
guitar sounds exactly like guitar sounds
is the synthesizer technology
lying or pretending or does the thought
guiding the hand moving across the keys
act something like a synthesizer too
adding something like magic to the sounds?”

The woman looking over my shoulder
is frowning thinking and while she’s thinking
I have the chance to leave this location
by ducking away and disappearing
into the kitchen where I won’t be safe
but I will have time to grab a Redbull
because it’s going to be a long night.



























No comments: