Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The So Low Solo





“You are so low sewer rats could run over you without even jumping! You are so low a dog with no legs would have to bend down to pee on you! You are so low bodies in caskets would have to roll over and look down to see you!”



First I said something
then she said something
but she got it wrong.

I knew she was wrong
but she is pretty
and thought she was right.

I kept my mouth shut
and worked on a song
and let her be smug.

Then she discovered
she was wrong and too
I knew all along.

I worked on a song
while she called me low
in graphic detail.

I jotted down chords
but her voice was like
a guitar solo.





. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The song I’m working on is for a stop-motion video using one (or some) of those big bugs I posted about in Library Reality Slips And Giant Bugs. I may not have everything ready for this week, but I hope to have everything ready at least by next Friday. Right now I have a song about one of the bugs, but I don’t have a larger monster movie context to put around the song. As much as I like the song by itself, I’m not sure the world needs a standalone song about a bug. So I’m hoping to think up a monster movie context to put around the song.

These things take time, and kind of develop step by step. I’ve got the first step more or less done. I’ve got a song for one of the bugs.

There are some other things going on too [laughs] but the only important thing going on is that the new stop-motion video is moving along nicely through pre-production.





























No comments: