Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Real Lesson Of The Gargoyle Arrow





I see myself pointing this at Juli
but then Juli says some improvised lines
and not, “Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi,
you’re my only hope.”
So then I say, “Cut.”







I stopped to look in at my cactus plants
and outside my window saw a gargoyle.


I took some photos through the window glass
rather than make noise and scare the gargoyle
by trying to slide open the window.


When I was drawing the gargoyle arrow
in Microsoft Paint I had time to think
and I realized I should have opened
the window regardless of any noise.

If the window noise had scared the gargoyle
then possibly it was just a young squirrel
sitting in the corner of the gutter.

But if the noise didn’t scare the creature
then I’d know it might be a real gargoyle.

Now I’ll never know. I have the pictures.

The arrow points at the creature I saw.

The real lesson of the gargoyle arrow
for me is next time I see a gargoyle
I’ll try to scare it then take a picture
to make sure I’m not photographing squirrels.

I’m not exactly sure what to expect
if I scare a real gargoyle. Squirrels just run.

I’m thinking real gargoyles just sit and stare.

Life is adventure. Maybe I’ll find out.

I’ll get photos. If I don’t get eaten.







. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



A Squirrel And A Donut For Ever And Ever


Exerting Agency, Liminal Entities And Scripts


It’s A Photograph And This
























No comments: