Monday, September 03, 2012

Dinosaur Girls And The Night Behind Me




Dinosaur girls won’t you come out tonight
And dance by the light of the Moon


*


She will walk at night without any fear.

She won’t be afraid of criminals or
corrupt policemen or wild dogs or darkness.

She will be so beautiful under stars
and moonlight it will be as if darkness
itself was created to surround her
stars Moon and night above and around her
strong confident face her shoulders relaxed
her back straight but relaxed too so she can
look up or side to side as easily
as she looks straight ahead as she’s walking.

In her heart and mind and throughout her soul
she understands everything is for her
and she understands she is protected.

Sometimes when she walks at night she will hum
and her random humming will turn into
a melody and then into a song.

She will make up words and sing them softly
and the song will become a perfect song.

She will not even try to remember
the melody or the words to her songs
because she will know tomorrow night too
will be another perfect night for her
to hum and sing another perfect song.

In my heart and mind and throughout my soul
I know I will never see anything
as beautiful as her walking at night.

I know I will never hear anything
as beautiful as her singing her songs.

Maybe I will try to photograph her
or draw her or write poems about her.

I know I will try to record her songs
figure out the notes and chord progressions
so I can attempt to play and sing too
something like the perfect songs she makes up
without even thinking about music.

These things will happen these things have happened
these things do happen they’re happening now.

She sees me right now she’s looking at me
and she’s laughing and gesturing saying
“Why are you running? Why are you hiding?
Come here by me. Why won’t you talk to me?”


I will never answer her never go
there by her no matter how beautiful
she looks or sounds even though I know too
her songs are the most beautiful music
I ever will hear because when she calls
gestures laughs talks or sings to me I know
she is only trying to distract me
from the dinosaurs moving behind me.






. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Motion Beyond The Fox Point


The Girl Who Talks To Dinosaurs




















No comments: