Monday, June 18, 2012

Cracks In The Ruin As A Rune




I’m not sure what this means or if it means anything
but the parking lots around here look like parking lots
and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen any wild flowers
growing through cracks in the asphalt. But there are still cracks
in the parking lots and the empty lots around here
and as more businesses go bankrupt or move away
there are more empty lots and deserted parking lots
but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen any wild flowers
creating patches of wilderness in nearby lots.

I hope the parking lot wild flowers haven’t given up
struggling against the asphalt or been raptured away.

If the parking lot wild flowers have been raptured away
I’m glad they’re getting rewarded for all their hard work
and I’m glad they’re getting rewarded for believing
the beauty in a wild little patch of wilderness
was important enough to risk getting run over
by truck tires and car tires and even bicycle tires.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen any wild flowers here
but if they’ve been raptured away I’m glad they’ll miss out
on whatever the Hell is going to happen next.























No comments: